Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the World of Warcraft guild Epiphany

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25

Go down 
+3
dwayna
Fllay
Mannaroth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mannaroth
Raidleader
Raidleader
Mannaroth

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Empty
PostSubject: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Well it's been a long time coming, we've had a lot of issues with people leaving or going inactive recently due to summer and exams, which has really inhibited our progress on this guy. We got to this stage 6 weeks ago and have had many crushing wipes, and being forced to have many healers respec to DPS just to fill our ranks. But all the (very) hard work finally paid off, and we succesfully killed Yogg-Saron today at 22:06 on 21/06/09. Big grats to everyone who was in the raid and everyone who put in so much work into getting the kill, which was, almost flawless until our 1% enrage.

We now intend to get a couple of the hard modes sorted out before the next patch comes along, and hopefully we'll be seeing Algalon in 10 man really soon.
Back to top Go down
Fllay

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron? No no no no, I think I downed Yogg-Saron . Shadow word pain killing blow ftw Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(joking of course, grats to everyone and we put some awesome work in tonight even if it was a bit rocky starting out)
Back to top Go down
dwayna

dwayna

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:21 pm

lies .. your just my apprentice now hush, it was my damage !

anyways :O anylonger and i would have went emo Idea
Back to top Go down
RedJe
Officer
Officer
RedJe

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 am

damn shame we dont have a recording of ventrillo Razz
would be funny. how bout a thriller final..... omfg how nice we did ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Plagué

Plagué

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 am

Was awesome to finally kill him. The last moments of the fight:

Yogg Enrages at 1% health.
Everyone apart from tanks die (thanks cds).
[Sam] NOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOO!
2 seconds later, dots kill Yogg.
[Everyone] *SCREAMS!*

Anyway, we did the fight very well yeah. To be honest, it was one of our only decent p3 tries. Looking back, I think we could have swapped another person over to Yogg earlier on in that phase to get the ratio perfect. Ofc you sort of don't know how much you need until the last moments of the fight, so in that respect we did very well to "beat" the enrage timer.

We could have very easily have fitted in another p1 add too. I noticed a few times at around add number 4 we would have none up and had to wait for the newly spawned add to come to us. Spawning an extra add there could give us an extra 10-15seconds on the enrage, but opens up a bit more risk.

P2 was fine. Think everyone made it in the brain portals, enabling us to swiftly get the brain down in 3 waves (the individual portals seemed to help then). Can't really speed this phase up much as we have to wait until the portal anyway (and I can't see us doing it in two brain waves just yet). We also did wait for the current crusher to be killed anyway, which was only a few seconds but probably saved us a lot more through p3.

P3 - as I said, it was our first real good try on it. If I may say so, the tanking in p3 was far more up to scratch than previous attempts. Also, focusing was good this time. The two combined is what made p3 successful this time round I feel. To improve further we'll try to get the general dps, on both Yogg and Adds, higher - so that in future we don't kill him so dangerously close to a full wipe!

Once more, awesome jobs guys! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mannaroth
Raidleader
Raidleader
Mannaroth

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:03 am

Plagué wrote:
Was awesome to finally kill him. The last moments of the fight:

Yogg Enrages at 1% health.
Everyone apart from tanks die (thanks cds).
[Sam] NOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOO!
2 seconds later, dots kill Yogg.
[Everyone] *SCREAMS!*

Anyway, we did the fight very well yeah. To be honest, it was one of our only decent p3 tries. Looking back, I think we could have swapped another person over to Yogg earlier on in that phase to get the ratio perfect. Ofc you sort of don't know how much you need until the last moments of the fight, so in that respect we did very well to "beat" the enrage timer.

We could have very easily have fitted in another p1 add too. I noticed a few times at around add number 4 we would have none up and had to wait for the newly spawned add to come to us. Spawning an extra add there could give us an extra 10-15seconds on the enrage, but opens up a bit more risk.

P2 was fine. Think everyone made it in the brain portals, enabling us to swiftly get the brain down in 3 waves (the individual portals seemed to help then). Can't really speed this phase up much as we have to wait until the portal anyway (and I can't see us doing it in two brain waves just yet). We also did wait for the current crusher to be killed anyway, which was only a few seconds but probably saved us a lot more through p3.

P3 - as I said, it was our first real good try on it. If I may say so, the tanking in p3 was far more up to scratch than previous attempts. Also, focusing was good this time. The two combined is what made p3 successful this time round I feel. To improve further we'll try to get the general dps, on both Yogg and Adds, higher - so that in future we don't kill him so dangerously close to a full wipe!

Once more, awesome jobs guys! cheers

Actually, from watching the video (which will be uploaded this evening), it wasn't the tanks that survived at the end of p3. Everyone in the raid would have died, but Hodir's Flash Freeze simultaneously hit every one of us, giving us an extra 6 seconds worth of DoT ticks. Also we pushed him into phase 3 with 2-3 seconds left on the induce madness cast.
Back to top Go down
Kuhvacako
Classleader
Classleader
Kuhvacako

Number of posts : 1391
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:41 am

Ryan, someone did miss a portal cause a certain someone dd on the brain is low, and a certain someone else had to go in instead Razz (I went digging teh wws last night... wrote this really nice post for the events forums then clicked the back key on chrome... lossing the whole thing |Sad )

Also Sam... I'm pretty sure dots killed the brain too :p and I died when he enraged cause I used my cancal aura marco (for the flash freeze) Sad

Edit: Ok i didn't die Razz

Last edited by Kuhvacako (Alex) on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nitri

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Grats guys! Considering I am one of the slackers inactive people.

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Plagué

Plagué

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Mannaroth wrote:

Actually, from watching the video (which will be uploaded this evening), it wasn't the tanks that survived at the end of p3. Everyone in the raid would have died, but Hodir's Flash Freeze simultaneously hit every one of us, giving us an extra 6 seconds worth of DoT ticks. Also we pushed him into phase 3 with 2-3 seconds left on the induce madness cast.

Ah, well, the tanks still survived Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25   Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epiphany downs Yogg-Saron 25
Page 1 of 1